3rd July 2020 – As the UK eagerly awaits the government’s announcement to ease FCO travel restrictions, travel insurance brand insurefor.com has launched a new product to protect consumers against COVID-related issues both pre-departure and whilst abroad.
The new product includes pre-departure cover for cancellation if travellers test positive for COVID-19 (even if this is at the airport) and cannot travel. It also covers emergency medical care and repatriation whilst travelling should they contract the virus whilst abroad.
In the midst of confusion around which travel insurance policy to choose in light of the pandemic, insurefor.com simplifies the process through a comprehensive checklist on its website so consumers know exactly what level of protection they will receive and can make an informed decision:
The new policy (including cancellation as standard) includes:
Before your trip:
- Cover if you test positive for coronavirus within 14 days before your holiday
- Cover for if you have been hospitalised within 28 days of your holiday
- Cover if you are not allowed to board your flight as a result of a positive coronavirus test or raised temperature
- The policy can be cancelled if the UK or your local area enters lockdown again within 14 days of purchase
On your trip:
- Cover if you have checked in at your holiday accommodation but they need to close as a result of the coronavirus
- Medical cover included if you catch coronavirus whilst you are abroad
- Cover if it is medically necessary to bring you home
- Cover for additional accommodation and travelling costs if you contact coronavirus whilst you are abroad
Antony Martin, Managing Director at insurefor.com says: “We are excited to launch our new COVID-19 protection product. There has been a great deal of confusion around travel insurance recently and the right policy to choose, and we noticed a gap in the market for a solid COVID-protection policy so we wanted to create a robust product which clearly states what is and isn’t included. As the world is starting to open up for travel again, we feel it is really important to drive consumer confidence by offering pre-departure cover for the elements that are not covered under Package Travel Regulations as well as cover during their trips. Many people cannot wait to travel but must ensure they are protected in case of further unprecedented circumstances around COVID-19.”