If you have a pre-existing medical condition, it makes sense to get covered for anything that might happen while you’re away. The good news is that we offer cover for many medical conditions, subject to screening online.
All you need to do is answer a few straightforward questions when you get a quote online and go through our secure online screening. We’ll let you know whether we can cover your condition, and whether it adds any extra cost to your policy, right away.
What’s considered a pre-existing medical condition?
A pre-existing medical condition is any medical condition for which you have been prescribed medication or for which you have received, or are waiting to receive treatment (including surgery, tests, or investigations) within the last 12 months.
Also any of the following medical conditions from which you have suffered from or received medical advice, treatment (including surgery, tests, investigations by your doctor/consultant /specialist) or prescribed drugs or medication in the last five years:
- Any cancer condition (including leukaemia, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and any type of skin cancer),
- Any heart-related or blood circulatory condition (including high blood pressure and high cholesterol),
- Any diabetic condition,
- Any neurological condition (including stroke, brain haemorrhage, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and dementia),
- Any breathing condition (including asthma, bronchitis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease),
- Any renal, kidney or liver condition,
- Any psychiatric or psychological condition (including anxiety, stress and depression),
- Any chronic condition that can be controlled but not cured (including back pain, Crohn’s, diverticular and coeliac disease and ulcerative colitis)
How much will it cost to add cover for medical conditions?
The cost to cover your condition can depend on different factors such as how long you’ve had your condition and how it’s managed. Which is why our medical screening system asks you a tailored set of questions for your condition.
If we can’t cover your medical condition
We aim to provide cover for medical conditions wherever possible, but if we’re not able to help you, please visit goodtogoinsurance.com for a specialist quote. Alternatively, you may be able to find other providers that can help over on the Money and Pensions service website here.