Cookies: We use cookies to improve your experience on this website. By continuing to browse our website, you are agreeing to use our site cookies.
See our cookie policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

Privacy: You can see the full details of how we use your data in our Privacy Policy.

Date: 30/08/2014

Frequently asked questions when travelling to Spain

If you're travelling to Spain this summer - lucky you! With plenty of sunshine, great beaches and historic cities to explore, it's easy to see why Spain is such a popular destination with sunseekers from the UK. If you have any travel insurance FAQs, read on to find out the answers to your most commonly asked questions.

I forgot to organise travel insurance before my holiday

what can I do?

Unfortunately, if you haven't organised your insurance and you're now abroad, you can't be covered. You need to be in the UK to organise cover, so make sure you arrange your travel insurance in advance of travel. It only takes a few minutes to do.

What happens if my bag is stolen with my money

and travel documents inside?

If you're unlucky enough to be the victim of theft whilst travelling or at your destination, don't worry! Provided you have travel insurance, you'll be covered. It's important to remember that you won't be covered if you left your valuables or cash unattended in a public place, or in a vehicle, even if it was locked at the time. You should report the theft to the police within 24 hours and make sure you get a written report - this is your proof that the theft actually occurred and is usually needed to process your claim. Then get in touch with to make a claim.

Do I really need travel insurance if I have a European Health Insurance Card?

The European Health Insurance Card or EHIC replaces the old E111 forms and allows you to get state healthcare for a reduced price (sometimes for free!) However, it's not an alternative for travel insurance and does not cover you for lost or stolen property, private medical healthcare or any extra costs, such as being flown back to the UK. This is one of the most common FAQs asked by people travelling to Spain, and the answer is, yes, you need both travel insurance and an EHIC when travelling in Europe.

How many times can I travel with annual multi trip travel insurance?

The good news is, you can travel as many times as you like within the 12 months covered by the period. Each individual trip must not exceed 31 days in length, but this length can be extended to 45, 62 or 92 days by paying an additional premium. For trips longer than 92 days, you'll need to purchase a single trip policy to cover you.