Who we are
When your web browser accesses a specific web site such as ours, cookies (a type of small text file) may, depending on your browser settings, be automatically stored on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies on the insurefor.com site do the following:
- Tell us the route (such as a web-search or an online advertisement, for example) by which you came to the insurefor.com site
- Allow us to present the products available for you to purchase
- Allow us to see how many people each day visit our site and what pages they look at – this helps us to make our site better and easier to use.
The cookies you encounter on the insurefor.com site are non-intrusive and do not store any personal information about you. We do not use third party advertising on our sites and our cookies do not have anything to do with such programmes.
If you want to learn how to manage and remove cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- Under no circumstances will we hold sensitive payment details such as your card number, expiry date and security code. All transactions are handled through our secure payment supplier Secpay and Barclaycard Merchant Services.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the insurefor.com website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply / deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
Rock Insurance Services limited
135 High Street